Saturday, May 3, 2008

Menstrual Blood Shows Heart-Repairing Stem Cell Properties

When menstrual blood was put with muscle tissue from some rats, it started to form a sheet of muscle tissue, kind of similar to stem cells. This is amazing to me. It's useful because if a woman uses her own blood to create tissue she needs, it eliminates the chances of her body rejecting it. (Men are SOL on this one, I suppose.) I don't know that much about how stem cells work, but I know they're important, so it's pretty cool that menstrual blood can have some of the same properties. Here's a link to the article.

In other news, I turned in my honors project today. Forty pages. Forty pages! I have never written anything nearly as long.

And I've started work on the paper zine I want to print this summer -- get excited!

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com