Sunday, July 25, 2010

Flow: The Cultural Story of Menstruation, by Elissa Stein and Susan Kim


When this book first came out, I was intrigued, but still feeling a little burnt out on all the menstruation-talk, so I put off buying/reading it.

The other day I found out my local library has it for lending, so I finally started reading it a couple days ago. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long!

I'm not that far into it yet, but so far, I LOVE IT. Flow is the book I wish I had written. It's very fun, but at the same time very informative. I thought I knew it all, but I've found a good amount of information. And the things I did know already, Flow has expanded on more thoroughly.

I know I've said before that I'm not really good at reviewing books/movies/music/etc., but I'll try to get better at it as I read this book so that I can effectively convey its awesomeness.

In the meantime, please enjoy this picture of my cat with the book:
If she knew how to read, I bet she'd be more into it.

0 comments:

 

design by suckmylolly.com