Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sexy period

Apparently there is a movement toward the idea of "period panties". Not just panties that you have in your drawer that you bought at Wal-Mart for $2, but panties that are actually helpful during your period. I think that this idea is awesome. However, my biggest issue with them is that it doesn't seem like I could wash them along with the rest of my laundry. Even with homemade re-usable pads, I can just throw them in after a good soak, but these have to be taken care of very carefully. Also, they are only back up. I don't know about everyone else, but when I know my period is coming I wear underwear that it would be okay to stain. What I do like about them is that it seems like this might be a way to help women in general be more confident during their period. I wear granny panties anyway, so wearing granny panties during my period is not really a huge switch, but I know it is for some women and makes them feel less sexy. I am all for feeling more confident, and if this a way that works for you, I say go for it.
This is why I am all for the idea of thong shaped pads and pantyliners. At first I thought the idea was dumb, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that if it helps make women more confident then I say "YES!"

1 comments:

Julie Sygiel said...

Hi Aana Rae! Thanks for writing about us (I am from Sexy Period). In case you're wondering, our undies have a blank lining inside so you don't have to worry about stains (no time consuming soaking before washing!). Plus you can toss them in your regular washing machine cycle (don't add fabric softener to the load) and then lay flat to dry. Those are the directions for best performance...I usually stick mine in the dryer anyway and they hold up just fine. Give them a try-- you may even look forward to your period (if that's possible)!

 

design by suckmylolly.com